NSHSS Opens Exclusive Scholarship for DECA Members
As a member of DECA’s National Advisory Board (NAB), the National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) provides scholarships to recognize outstanding achievements of high school scholars who are active members of both DECA and NSHSS.
The NSHSS-DECA Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholar Award is open to active NSHSS and DECA members who intend to pursue a college major in marketing, finance, hospitality or business.
Applicants must apply before the January 13, 2017, deadline in order to be considered. Eligible candidates must be current high school juniors or seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.5, and hold active membership in both NSHSS and DECA. Applicants may be from the U.S. or international.
A total of three scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded and presented to scholars at DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC), April 26-29, 2017, in Anaheim, Calif.
Applicants must submit:
- Resume (may be copied and pasted or uploaded)
- Transcript (may be uploaded, mailed, or emailed)
- Educator recommendation (submitted via online form; link provided in application)
- DECA chapter advisor’s name and email address
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Personal Response of up to 500 words answering one of the two following questions:
- Describe your career plans and how your membership in both DECA and NSHSS is preparing you to succeed.
- What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
To access the application, please click here.
For questions about this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-343-1800.
To learn more about DECA’s student scholarship program, click here.
Click here to learn more about DECA’s professional development opportunities.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.