SBE Advisory Councilmember Nominations Now Accepted
DECA is now accepting nominations for School-based Enterprises (SBE) Advisory Councilmembers.
The DECA SBE Advisory Council plays an integral part in the planning and development of DECA’s School-based Enterprise programming. The Council is responsible for guiding the program in a positive direction, setting goals for growth and development, and ensuring DECA members receive the most beneficial experience possible.
Councilmembers are dedicated advisors that have extensive experience with DECA and the SBE program, understand the value in experience-based learning, and are eager to share their knowledge and expertise with the DECA community.
Councilmembers serve two-year terms on the council. This year there are three available slots opening on the council that will cover the 2016-2018 term beginning in June 2016. Candidates for the available slots on the council must be nominated by their Chartered Association Advisor.
Candidates must be willing and able to commit to all of the following:
- Attend the SBE Advisory Council Meeting (either virtually or in-person), held the week of June 20, 2016.
- Actively participate in DECA SBE professional development activities including webinars, Google+ hangouts, workshop presentations, contributions to decadirect.org, and other opportunities as they arise.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the SBE Academy held each spring at the International Career Development Conference.
- Be available for 3 full days at the International Career Development Conference (duties as assigned) for each year of the council term served, including the SBE Academy, SBE preliminary competition, and SBE finals competition days.
Nominees must meet all of the following mandatory prerequisites:
- Active DECA advisor
- Operator of a Gold Certified School-based Enterprise
- Previously attended the SBE Academy at ICDC with their SBE students
Nominations must be submitted to DECA Inc. by chartered association advisors no later than May 24, 2016. For questions, contact Lori Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.