DECA Idea Challenge 2015 Global Finalists Announced
Eleven nations have battled it out in a fast-paced student competition of creativity and ingenuity, and the results are in!
This year, the DECA Idea Challenge 2015 challenged students to make a novel and sustainable new use for cardboard boxes.
Over 2,230 teams submissions were received from 8,456 students around the world!
Below are the DECA Idea Challenge 2015 finalists from participating countries in each educational category. To view each team's submission video, please click on their team/project name below:
Elementary/Middle School Category
- Canada – Bare Essentials, Shaugnessy Elementary School
- Republic of Moldova – Eco Blinds, Ion Creanga
- Switzerland – Le Régent Year 1-2, Le Régent College
- United Kingdom – Eco-Stand, George Heriots School
- United States – Runoff Planters, Trickum Middle School
High School Category
- Canada – Ginger Life, St. John’s School
- Korea – Eco Girls, Daegu International School
- Spain – C-Floopers, American School of Bilbao
- Sweden – DECA Idea Challenge Light Up Development, Sundsgymnasiet
- Thailand – Arsemas, American Pacific International School
- United Arab Emirates – The Shades, GEMS World Academy
- United Kingdom – Team Sprout, ACS Egham International School
- United States – Cardboard Walks, Great Neck South High School
- Netherlands – In Case of Green, Hogeschool Leiden
- United Kingdom – Paradox, Peter Jones Enterprise Academy at Leicester College
- United States – Pallets for the Planet, Arizona State University
One global winning team from each educational category will be announced on
Tuesday, January 26, 2016. All global winning teams will be recognized on Global Entrepreneurship Week’s website, as well as on DECA Direct.
Monetary awards will also be provided by DECA Inc. as follows:
- Elementary and Middle School (ages 6 to 13 years) – $500 U.S. dollars
- High School (ages 14 to 18 years) – $750 U.S. dollars
- Collegiate (ages 18 years and above) – $750 U.S. dollars
The DECA Idea Challenge 2015 is an energizing, experiential exercise that dares elementary through college students around the globe to form teams, generate an innovative new use for a commonplace item and pitch their idea in a 3-minute YouTube video presentation – all in eight days!
A premier event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the competition is a fun and exciting way for students to be imaginative and resourceful while learning about idea generation.
The DECA Idea Challenge is proudly supported by Pearson, a global learning company that helps people of all ages make measurable progress in their lives through learning. The DECA Idea Challenge is part of Pearson’s “Connect Learning to Earning” campaign, focused on developing entrepreneurial skills within students throughout their educational journey to prepare them for success in college and the world of work in a 21st century, global economy. By serving as a DECA Idea Challenge 2015 Engaging Partner, Pearson helped expand the network of student learners able to further develop entrepreneurial thinking skills through participation in the DECA Idea Challenge 2015.
DECA Inc. congratulates all of the students, teachers and mentors who engaged in the DECA Idea Challenge 2015! Stay tuned to DECA Direct for the announcement of global winners on January 26, 2016.
View the DECA Idea Challenge 2015 global winners here.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.