SBE Chapter Certification Projects Due January 15th
The deadline to submit the SBE Chapter Certification Project is quickly approaching!
All projects must be submitted online no later than 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 15, 2016. After that time, no further submissions will be accepted.
Here are a few helpful reminders as you prepare to submit your project:
- All projects must be submitted online. DECA will not accept any mailed submissions. Plan for unexpected snow days and/or technical issues by submitting the project prior to the due date. (Over 160 submissions have already been received – many chapters took advantage of the submission website opening in advance this year and submitted their projects early.)
- The submission website where advisors will submit the project is https://sbe.decaregistration.com. Advisors should plan to log on early to become familiar with the site and be sure of their username and password (it’s the same one used to log-on to the DECA membership website.) Only advisors should submit the final projects – do not share advisor log-on information with students.
- Step-by-step instructions for submitting the project online are available here. (Be sure to check out the FAQ section on page 7 – this may answer any questions you have!)
- The Statement of Assurances is now electronic – there is not a physical form that students need to sign. (Note: this is unique to the SBE Chapter Certification project. Other DECA written events still utilize the physical form.) Be sure to review the Statement of Assurances language found in the project guidelines with your students. Upon submitting the project online, advisors will be prompted to confirm their students read, understood, and abided by the requirements.
- Acceptable file types that can be uploaded to the submission website include JPEG, Word Doc, and PDF files. (If you’re attempting to upload one of the acceptable file types and it won’t successfully upload – the file may be too large.)
Results will be emailed to participating chapter advisors once all evaluations have been completed in late January.
Find out more about the SBE Chapter Certification Project here.
For questions, contact Lori Tran at email@example.com.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.