DECA’s EPIC Scholarship Opportunities Aren't Around for Long!
DECA’s scholarship program provides over $300,000 in scholarships to high school and college DECA members at the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) each year! Have you applied for your DECA scholarships yet?
The deadline is January 15, 2016, so don’t delay and apply today at deca.org/scholarships.
If you’re still unsure about the DECA Scholarship Program and what all is offered, here is a quick glance at everything available to DECA members and any eligibility requirements for specific scholarships:
CORPORATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM PARTNERS
- The Don DeBolt Scholarship provides two (2) $2,000 scholarships, awarded to DECA members who have an interest in pursuing franchising and entrepreneurship course of study.
- Journeys offers seven (7) scholarships of $1,000 each to DECA members who are leaders in their peer groups and communities.
- Marriott International provides ten (10) $2,000 scholarships to DECA members who have hospitality experience or interest.
- NAPA provides five (5) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA members who are NAPA associates or have an interest in careers in the automotive industry. In addition, NAPA provides five (5) $1,500 scholarships to Collegiate DECA members who are enrolled in an Automotive Marketing and/or Aftermarket Management, Marketing, Sales, or Business Ownership / Entrepreneurship program.
- NTHS (National Technical Honor Society) provides two (2) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA members who are also members of NTHS.
- Otis Spunkmeyer provides ten (10) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA members who work in their school stores and sell Otis Spunkmeyer products.
- Publix provides five (5) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA/Collegiate DECA members who are associates of Publix.
- Walgreens provides four (4) $1,000 scholarships awarded to DECA/Collegiate DECA members who can show evidence of DECA activities, leadership ability and community involvement.
HARRY APPLEGATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Harry Applegate Scholarship Program is a scholarship fund that corporate supporters contribute to, but the scholarship is actually in the company’s name. Scholarships are awarded based on DECA/Collegiate DECA involvement, leadership ability, community service and academic performance.
Now that you know everything offered to DECA members, you may still have some questions about the application process. Don’t worry, I’ve got answers for you right here!
Why should I apply?
DECA’s scholarship program has hundreds of scholarship opportunities available. The application process only takes a short amount of time and through the DECA Scholarship Program you can apply for multiple scholarships at once.
Do I have to be present at ICDC to receive my scholarship?
No, If you do not qualify for ICDC and do not attend you will still receive your scholarship. However you will be invited to ICDC and a special luncheon for scholarship winners.
How does my school/university receive this scholarship?
The scholarship you receive will directly contact your school/university and send them your scholarship. You will never have to worry about depositing a check.
What can I use this scholarship money on?
Since the scholarships are sent directly to your school/university the scholarship will be used where you need it most for educational purposes.
What is the likelihood I will receive a scholarship?
$300,000 in scholarships is awarded every year. Scholarships however are strictly merit based.
Don’t forget, the deadline for scholarships is January 15, 2016! Apply today at deca.org/scholarships.
Follow Ashton on Twitter @decavpashton.