2015-2016 Virtual Business Challenges Details Announced
An EPIC new school year has begun, which means another exciting year for DECA's Virtual Business Challenges!
There will be an additional VBC track for members called Virtual Business Challenge-Accounting. VBC Accounting will be based on an exciting, new, time-based competitive format. More information on this new track will be announced soon.
DECA members will now have six different VBC tracks to choose from:
- Hotel Management
- Personal Finance
- Sports & Entertainment
Members may participate in one, two, three, four, five or ALL SIX tracks.
The DECA VBCs are official DECA competitive events sponsored by Knowledge Matters and DECA. Team registration for the DECA Virtual Business Challenges (VBCs) will begin at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, October 5!
Please have your members visit http://www.knowledgematters.com/vbc/ on October 6 to register and participate in this totally interactive technological competition.
DECA members use highly visual simulation software to compete for a chance to win scholarship money.
All of this year’s events will be using online versions of the Virtual Business simulations. No downloading or installation will be required! And, if your members already have online Virtual Business accounts, they will not have to register for new accounts. They will, however, still have to create new VBC teams.
The dates for this year’s qualifying rounds are:
- Round #1: October 19, 2015, 10:00 a.m. EDT – November 13, 2014, 5:00 p.m. EST
- Round #2: January 11, 2016, 10:00 a.m. EST – February 5, 2016, 5:00 p.m. EST
- ADVISOR ACCOUNTS: You will need to log in to approve teams registered under your chapter. Advisors will not have to register for advisor accounts. Your advisor account has already been created. To log in to your advisor account, please visit: https://vb.knowledgematters.com/. Please use the following log in information:
- Email: Please use the email address to which this email was sent.
- Password: password
- *Please change your password as soon as you log in.
*NOTE: If you already have an online Virtual Business account, please continue to use the log in information you have currently been using to access your account.
For more details and rules regarding the DECA Virtual Business Challenges, please visit the Knowledge Matters or contact Maureen Ginley, Director of Strategic Partnerships, at Ginley@KnowledgeMatters.com.
Have fun and good luck to your chapter!
P.S. Remember, DECA members should register for a DECA VBC team prior to October 19 if they want to be eligible to participate on October 19!
Follow Shane on Twitter @LShaneThomas.