Now Accepting SBE Advisory Council Nominations
The DECA SBE Advisory Council plays an integral part in the planning and development of DECA’s School-based Enterprise programming. The Council is responsible for guiding the program in a positive direction, setting goals for growth and development, and ensuring DECA members receive the most beneficial experience possible.
Councilmembers are dedicated advisors that have extensive experience with DECA and the SBE program, understand the value in experience-based learning, and are eager to share their knowledge and expertise with the DECA SBE community. Does this sound like you or an advisor you know? Consider seeking a nomination from your chartered association advisor!
Councilmembers serve two-year terms on the council. This year there are two available slots that will cover the 2015-2017 term beginning in June 2015. Candidates for the available slots on the council must be nominated by their chartered association advisor. Simply contact your chartered association advisor with the nominee’s name and chapter name, and provide a brief explanation of why the nominee would be a good fit and what they might contribute to the council.
SBE Advisory Councilmembers must be willing and able to commit to all of the following:
- Attend the SBE Advisory Council Meeting, held in late June (all travel expenses covered by DECA Inc.) This year’s meeting will take place in Charlotte, N.C., at the Johnson & Wales University campus.
- Actively participate in DECA SBE professional development activities including webinars, Google+ hangouts, workshop presentations, contributions to www.decadirect.org, and other opportunities as they arise.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the SBE Academy held each spring at the International Career Development Conference.
- Be available for 3 full days at the International Career Development Conference (duties as assigned) for each year of the council term served, including the SBE Academy, SBE preliminary competition, and SBE finals competition days.
Please ensure the advisor you recommend to your chartered association advisor meets all of the following mandatory prerequisites:
- Active DECA advisor
- Operator of a Gold Certified School-based Enterprise
- Previously attended the SBE Academy at ICDC with their SBE students (or is planning to attend this year’s SBE Academy in Orlando, Florida.)
Nominations must be submitted by chartered association advisors no later than May 8, 2015.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.