Cornell University Course Available for DECA Members and Advisors
DECA National Advisory Board member, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, invites DECA members, advisors and alumni to enroll in their free massive open online course (MOOC) titled, “Introduction to Global Hospitality Management.”
As a course designed for individuals interested in the hospitality industry, participants will:
- Explore the many wide-ranging career opportunities in hospitality and hotel management
- Gain career advice and stories from international industry experts
- Use an analysis tool to evaluate competitors and make strategic decisions
- Analyze factors leading to an own-vs.-lease decision
- Explore distribution channels and pricing strategies
- Learn how to select smart, talented employees
Perfect for students, educators and those interested in the hospitality industry, the course begins February 4, 2015, and runs for six weeks with an estimated time commitment of 18 hours. Participants are able to join after February 4 as well.
The course is offered free through Cornell University School of Hotel Administration and there are no prerequisites or textbooks.
The course will be split into fours perspectives:
- Strategic Management and Planning
- Real Estate and Asset Management
- E-Commerce and Marketing
- Human Resource Management
Participants may follow all four perspectives or just the ones they are interested in.
To learn more about this course, watch the video below:
To register or learn more about the Introduction to Global Hospitality Management course, click here.
Follow Nick Edwards on Twitter @decanickedwards