Final Reminders for SBE Chapter Certification Submissions
The deadline for SBE Chapter Certification submissions is quickly approaching!
Here are a few key reminders as you prepare to submit your project:
- All projects must be submitted online. DECA will not accept any mailed submissions. Any project not received via the submission website by the deadline of 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on January 16, 2015, will not be accepted. Plan for unexpected snow days and/or technical issues by submitting the project prior to the due date.
- The submission website where advisors will submit the project is https://sbe.decaregistration.com. Advisors should plan to log on early to become familiar with the site and be sure of their username and password (it’s the same one used to log-on to the DECA membership website.) Only advisors should submit the final projects – do not share advisor log-on information with students.
- Step-by-step instructions for submitting the project online are available here. Be sure to check out the FAQ section on page 7 – this may answer any questions you have!
- The Statement of Assurances is now electronic – there is not a physical form that students need to sign. (Note: this is unique to the SBE Chapter Certification project. Other DECA written events still utilize the physical form.) Be sure to review the Statement of Assurances language found in the project guidelines with your students. Upon submitting the project online, advisors will be prompted to confirm their students read, understood, and abided by the requirements.
- Acceptable file types that can be uploaded to the submission website include JPEG, Word Doc, and PDF files. (If you’re attempting to upload one of the acceptable file types and it won’t successfully upload – the file may be too large.)
For even more helpful tips on successfully submitting the SBE Chapter Certification project, click here.
For questions, contact Lori Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.