#IamDECA Advocacy Video Challenge
Since February is Advocacy Month and Career and Technical Education Month, DECA has a unique challenge for DECA members who represent the DECA Diamond with pride.
We want you to create an #IamDECA advocacy video sharing why DECA and Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs) have played such an important part in your high school and/or college career.
Have you become a better leader? Did you get into the college of your dreams? Did you earn a scholarship or discover a new career path? Any and all of these things are what we want to see in your creative, short video.
Good luck and get your cameras ready!
- You (1 person per entry) will film a short video (under 90 seconds) that tells your #IamDECA story. Show creativity when documenting your school, chapter and story.
- Submit your video to DECA at this link: http://bit.ly/iamdecaadvocacyvideo.
- Share your video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube! While the number of likes, retweets, favorites or views does not count towards the contest results, you worked hard on your video and it is an excellent promotional tool for your DECA chapter! Sharing it with your classmates, chapter members and others on social media is a great way to bring more awareness to CTSOs and DECA.
DECA will share its favorite #IamDECA Advocacy videos during the month of February, and at the end of the month, DECA will announce the top three videos. The creator of each of the top three videos will receive a $25 DECA Images gift card.
This is YOUR chance to share your #IamDECA story with all of DECA and the CTSO community! Share your voice and show DECA why CTSOs are so vital to a student’s academic and professional success.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- In order to be a contestant, you must submit your YouTube video to the official contest entry form, found at http://bit.ly/iamdecaadvocacyvideo.
- Your YouTube video and/or channel cannot be private. If we cannot view your video, than we cannot judge your entry.
- Videos submitted after the entry deadline will not be eligible to win, but DECA may still share them on social media for Advocacy Month.
The deadline to submit your #IamDECA Advocacy Video is Friday, February 6, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. EST. The top three videos will be announced on Tuesday, February 24, 2015.