DECA Announces New Scholarship Opportunities for DECA Members and Advisors
Several of DECA's National Advisory Board (NAB) and corporate partners are expanding their partnerships by offering DECA scholarships.
Below is a list of new scholarships available to DECA members:
- Journeys will award seven (7) $1,000 scholarships to DECA members who are associates of Journeys and their brands (Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Shi)
- AICPA will award three (3) $1,000 scholarships to DECA members who are focused on finance. These scholarships will be determined as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Applications.
- OCM.com will award two (2) $1,000 scholarships to DECA members who can illustrate their DECA involvement and leadership skills. This scholarships will be determined as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application.
- National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) will award three (3) $1,000 scholarships to DECA members who are also members of NSHSS. To apply visit www.nshss.org/scholarships.
- International Franchise Association Educational Foundation (IFA) will award DECA members scholarships who have a focus on hospitality.
More information, criteria and applying for student scholarships can be found at www.deca.org/scholarships. Deadline for submission is January 16, 2015.
Some of DECA's NAB and corporate partners and also now offering scholarships to DECA advisors.
New advisor scholarships include:
- OCM.com will award three (3) $1,000 scholarships to DECA advisors to use at DECA Chapter Advisor Summer Institutes or other professional development conferences providing continuing education credit (CEU) in their field
- NSHSS will also offer two (2) $1,000 Professional Development Scholarships to DECA advisors. To apply visit www.nshss.org/scholarships.
Professional development scholarships can be found at www.deca.org/advisors. Postmark deadline for applying is March 2, 2015.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.