The NAB Collegiate Committee Holds First Meeting
DECA’s National Advisory Board (NAB) Collegiate Committee held its first meeting on Monday, October 13, 2014. One of five committees created by the NAB Executive Committee, this group is focused on growing and strengthening both DECA’s Collegiate Chapters and DECA’s college and university partners.
During the call, the committee made a plan for each committee member to develop a list of current colleges and universities their company currently partners with and provide this list to DECA. Both DECA and our NAB partners will then reach out to these colleges and universities to invite them to DECA events and conferences.
Through outreach and engagement, the NAB Collegiate Committee hopes to be a driving force in helping DECA strengthen college relations.
The NAB Collegiate Committee includes:
- Nick Collins (Chair, Publix)
- Brandon Appel (FIU-Chaplin School)
- Danny Arocha (University of Houston/Hilton School)
- Scott Carson (Kauffman)
- Andy Chaves (Marriott)
- Dana Cawthorne (Walgreens)
- Jeff Collins (DECA Inc.)
- Marquita Cunningham (Walgreens)
- Ken DiSaia (Johnson & Wales)
- Nick Edwards (DECA Inc.)
- John Fistolera (DECA Inc.)
- Bill Gagliardi (Northwood)
- Tom Gauthier (Johnson & Wales)
- Mike Hampton (FIU-Chaplin School)
- Hunt Hawkins (Stein Mart)
- Bill Hernandez (SpendSmart)
- Jeffrey Klinefelter (Piper Jaffray)
- Mike Lawrence (NAPA)
- Lynore Levenhagen (DECA Inc. Board Rep./FL DECA Association Advisor)
- Sarah Levine (NAAEI)
- Cassandra Peltzer (RIT-Saunders)
- Tara Richardson (Custom Resources)
- Sharon Ryan (FIDM)
- Mike Sins (Men’s Wearhouse)
- Paul Wardinski (DECA Inc. Executive Director)
DECA thanks all of our NAB partners participating on DECA’s NAB Collegiate Committee for their continued support of DECA’s programs.
Follow Nick Edwards on Twitter at @decanickedwards.