The NAB Alumni Committee Holds First Meeting
This summer, DECA’s National Advisory Board Executive Committee adopted five new sub-committees to help DECA achieve the goals in its Vision 2017 strategic plan.
One of the new committees is the NAB Alumni Committee. With an estimated 10 million DECA alumni worldwide, DECA and DECA’s NAB see the value in reconnecting and engaging with DECA alumni in ways that provide benefits for alumni, partners, and DECA, and creates a larger network of members and supporters.
On Tuesday, September 16, 2014, members of DECA’s NAB Alumni Committee joined together for their first conference call of the year. The committee brainstormed benefits for alumni, NAB partners and DECA for establishing and developing our alumni network.
The committee’s next conference call will be on Tuesday, November, and will focus on identifying alumni and their professional profiles within NAB partner companies and DECA.
The NAB Alumni Committee includes:
- Marlene Dunn (Co-Chair, FIDM)
- Mike Marchetti (Co-Chair, Finish Line)
- Brandon Appel (FIU-Chaplin School)
- Danny Arocha (University of Houston/Hilton School)
- Don Botill (Men's Wearhouse)
- Mark Bradley (Stand For Kids)
- Mike Brown (M&M Productions)
- Dana Cawthorne (Walgreens)
- Andy Chaves (Marriott)
- Marquita Cunningham (Walgreens)
- Nick Edwards (DECA Inc.)
- John Fistolera (DECA Inc.)
- LaTarsha Melvin (Publix)
- Pam O'Brien (DECA Inc. Board Representative/NC DECA Association Advisor)
- Tara Richardson (Custom Resources)
- Sharon Ryan (FIDM)
- Paul Wardinski (DECA Inc. Executive Director)
DECA thanks all of our NAB partners participating on DECA’s NAB Alumni Committee for their continued support of DECA’s programs.
The committee’s next conference call will be on Tuesday, November 18, and will focus on identifying alumni and their professional profiles within NAB partner companies and DECA.
Follow Nick Edwards on Twitter at @decanickedwards