DECA Advisor Professional Learning Series Adds Virtual Business
Virtual simulation-based learning is quickly becoming a powerful tool in the classroom.
Keeping up with the latest trends in education, DECA Inc. and Knowledge Matters, the leading developer and publisher of simulation-based business and personal finance curriculums for high schools, are offering an exciting opportunity for DECA advisors to get engaged with this new learning style and earn professional development credits!
This summer, free demo courses for ALL virtual business curriculum products will be available to all DECA advisors. This a great way to get geared up for the DECA competitive events season, as these products are the basis of the DECA Virtual Business Challenge official competitive events.
The virtual business demos also provide a fun and convenient way to earn professional development credits! As part of the DECA Advisor Professional Learning Series, advisors who complete sample lessons, simulation exercises, and/or quizzes will earn professional development credits (hours).
This opportunity is 100% online, so you can boost your professional development skills virtually anywhere at any time! All of your work and credit will be recorded automatically.
All courses will be available by June 15, 2014, and continue through September 1, 2014.
Check out how you can apply the five available courses to your classroom:
- Virtual Business – Personal Finance is a great tool to help teachers review the content of financial literacy, such as investing, budgeting and saving, credit scores and online banking.
- Virtual Business – Retailing helps teachers refresh their skills in the marketing career cluster, including promotion, pricing, merchandising, purchasing, market research, etc.
- Virtual Business – Restaurant is an innovative way to help teachers reinforce valuable marketing career cluster skills, such as advertising, location selection, market analysis, product selection and customer satisfaction.
- Virtual Business – Sports & Entertainment gives teachers an engaging way to strengthen student's skills within the marketing career cluster skills, such as pricing, social media, targeted marketing and marketing strategies.
- Virtual Business – Management assists teachers by providing an appealing way to help create a solid skill set within the business management and administration cluster skills, such as human resources, productivity, logistics, business ownership and risk management.
How To Participate:
- Go to http://vb.KnowledgeMatters.com
- Log in (for new participants use your email as your username and “password” for your password).
- Find the demo course for the product you want to learn and click, “Go To Assignments.”
- Begin your assignment! All your work and credits will be recorded.
If you have questions, contact support@KnowledgeMatters.com or call toll-free 877-965-3276.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.