Engage with #DECAICDC Attendees Through Social Media
All of DECA Inc.’s corporate partners play an integral role in the 68th annual International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, Ga.
Whether your social media team is right in the middle of the ICDC excitement in Atlanta or back at your corporate headquarters, there are plenty of opportunities for your brand to join the #DECAICDC conversation through social media and plenty of reasons why you’ll want to be tweeting and hashtagging all weekend long.
Check out these statistics from last year’s social media impact at ICDC:
- 9.4 million people exposed to #DECAICDC tweets
- Over 1 million people directly reached through #DECAICDC tweets
- 84,029 people reached through DECA’s Facebook
- 20,103 tweets sent using #DECAICDC
- 7,752 Instagram photos posted using #DECAICDC
Don’t let this incredible opportunity to connect with over 16,500 DECA members and advisors in Atlanta, and thousands more at home and around the world, pass you by.
Please use this as a guide to best leverage your company’s social media with DECA’s during #DECAICDC. You can also share this guide with your company’s social media team or department.
- Connect and share with DECA members using DECA’s social media channels and conference hashtag, #DECAICDC
May 3-6, 2014
- Opening Sessions – May 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM EST
- Open Exhibit Hall Sessions – May 4, 2014 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST and May 5, 2014 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
- Judging – May 5, 2014 and May 6, 2014
- Grand Award Session – May 6, 2014 at 8:30PM EST
- Over 16,500 attendees will be utilizing DECA’s social media network for conference updates, news and more
- Give you brand exposure to an untouched audience base of future business professionals and entrepreneurs
- Mention @DECAInc in tweets, Instagram posts and Facebook updates
Use the official conference hashtag #DECAICDC in all related tweets, updates and photos
Here is a sample tweet for you to use:
- @YOURBRAND is excited to attend @DECAInc’s 68th annual #DECAICDC in ATL!
- Here is a sample tweet for you to use:
- Retweet @DECAInc’s tweets and share DECA’s Facebook postings so your own followers and fans can see what an impact your brand is having at #DECAICDC
Encourage representatives who are present at the conference to share their own tweets or photos with both @DECAInc and your brand on Twitter and Instagram
- If your representatives at the conference do not have their own personal social media accounts, encourage them to email photos or updates to the social media team back at your office
- Tag DECA Inc. in any Facebook, Twitter or Instagram postings about the conference or your brand’s presence at ICDC
Plus, new this year are DECA's "Today @ #DECAICDC" morning meetings! DECA's leadership team will share with you the most important announcement and updates for the day, so you'll be ready to tackle another exhilirating day of #DECAICDC. Be sure to share these announcements with your social media team back at the office as well. For meeting times and more information, click here.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.