ICDC Made Easy
SpendSmart is one of DECA's most dynamic new business partners.
Together SpendSmart and DECA are working to develop the next generation's workforce in finance and marketing by:
- Providing financial literacy resources, tools and support to teachers and students
- Providing a product that supports the development of financial literacy skills, as well as, creates revenue for chapters
The SpendSmart Payments Company is a leading payments solution provider helping promote responsible spending. The reloadable SpendSmart™ Prepaid MasterCard®* is designed specifically to help teens develop smarter spending habits. We keep parents and teens communicating and connected in real-time, helping them manage the flow of money and track spending together – without the risks posed by cash, credit or bankcards.
The SpendSmart™ Prepaid MasterCard® also provides DECA advisors with a great solution for teaching financial literacy, planning for conference expenses and raising money for chapter activities!
Conference planning and attendance has never been this easy.
SpendSmart understands that budgeting for conferences and managing student expense money while traveling can be a giant headache. Here’s how using the SpendSmart™ Prepaid MasterCard® can help:
- No more worrying about cash or credit or managing student travel funds
- Deposit student travel funds directly to each student’s card
- Set spending limits: With the SpendSmart Prepaid Card there are no overdraft fees or credit implications
- Safer than cash
- Track purchases in real-time: Students always know how much money they have
- Parents can receive text** and email alerts every time the card is used, showing the location, time/date and amount of purchase, as well as remaining balance
- Instant emergency loads ensure students are never without financial support
- The card is blocked in places illegal for teens (e.g. liquor stores, online gambling sites, etc.)
To learn more about the SpendSmart partnership and get your students signed up before ICDC, visit their partnership page on the DECA website.
*MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. The SpendSmart Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Republic Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard International. See the Cardholder Agreement for Terms & Conditions including fee schedule details. The SpendSmart Prepaid MasterCard cannot be used at merchants deemed inappropriate for teens, such as liquor stores, online gambling, etc.
**Message and data rates may apply from wireless carrier.
Follow SpendSmart on Twitter @SpendSmart.