5 Easy-to-Remember Competition Preparation Tips
Last week, Perry DECA (Gilbert, Ariz.) participated in its district competition, along with other schools in the region. There, Perry DECA was honored with sixteen first-place awards and countless test and role-play medals!
However, the celebration can’t last too long. The Arizona DECA Career Development Conference is right around the corner and Perry DECA is determined to repeat its winnings from districts.
If your chapter is deep in competition preparation too, you know how difficult it is to sometimes remember all the important of DECA’s competitive events that you should know.
To try and simplify the process for you, here are five easy-to-remember competition preparation tips to use this spring:
- Look up DECA sample role-plays online within your event to practice.
- Study industry terms pertaining to your field.
- Take turns acting as a judge with your friends to make sure you hit each performance indicator every time.
- Plan your attire so that you have it ready beforehand.
- Polish your public speaking skills to ensure that you amaze the judges.
The International Career Development Conference will be here before you know it! Use these five tips to round off the best performance you can do and really Make It Count!