Make Your Goals Count!
A new year always brings new hope, new ideas and new visions. Make this year the best one yet by accomplishing something you’re proud of.
In my experience as a DECA member, the best way to make it happen is through goal setting. Check out the tips below to make your 2014 goals count!
- What did you learn from last year?
- What elements have made you successful in the past?
- What do you want the results of your accomplishments to be?
Where are you now?
It’s SWOT Analysis time! You’ve learned about how companies use this tactic to discover internal and external opportunities; now it’s your turn to identify:
Where do you want to go?
- What resources can you utilize?
- Who can help you be successful with this goal?
- What will it take to make this happen? Create mini goals along the way to track progress
- What is the timeframe you will be using? How much time will the mini goals take?
- How will you maintain accountability?
Where do you want to be?
- Does this goal reflect on the type of person you want to become?
- How will this goal positively impact others when it is accomplished?
Follow Morgan Thompson on Twitter @morganthmpsn.