DECA Idea Challenge Mystery Item Revealed!
The DECA Idea Challenge 2013 has begun and this year’s mystery item is an aluminum beverage can!
As a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, DECA is challenging student teams around the globe to come up with an innovative, new use for the aluminum beverage can that creates value while being feasible and sustainable.
How to Get Started:
Organize a student team of three to four individuals.
- DECA membership is not a requirement to participate.
Create an innovative, new use for the item.
- There is no limit on the quantity of cans used.
- Additional items may be used for your creation.
Craft a three-minute video presentation explaining and demonstrating your new use for the challenge item and post it to YouTube.
- Be sure to have “DECA Idea Challenge 2013” in the title of your YouTube video.
- Complete the DECA Idea Challenge 2013 online submission form containing your YouTube video URL no later than 6:00 p.m. EST on November 22.
Recognition and More!
The DECA Idea Challenge 2013 global winner will be announced on December 12, 2013.
The finalist team from the United States will be recognized at DECA’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Atlanta, Ga., or Collegiate DECA’s ICDC in Washington, D.C.
For more information on the competition, such as how to participate and how entries will be evaluated, download the official DECA Idea Challenge 2013 Toolkit.
The DECA Idea Challenge 2013 is here and the clock is ticking, so get started on your innovative creation today!
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.