Selective Service System’s Resources for DECA Members
The Selective Service System is one of DECA's most important business partners and has served on the National Advisory Board since 2013.
Together, the Selective Service System and DECA Inc. have worked to support national preparedness while developing the next generation's workforce for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management by:
- Raising public awareness about young men’s requirement to register with the Selective Service
- Supporting the classroom teaching/learning of public relations skills
The statutory missions of Selective Service are to be prepared, to provide trained and untrained personnel to the Department of Defense in the event of a national emergency and to be prepared to implement an Alternative Service Program for registrants classified as conscientious objectors.
One of the ways they accomplish their mission is through a national public relations campaign that informs young men of their civic obligation and directs them on how to register. The campaign, and related resources, are available to DECA chapters and support participation in DECA’s Public Relations Project.
Take a look at the Selective Service System’s partnership resources for DECA members and advisors:
- Selective Service Educational Materials
- Public Relations Project, Supported by the Selective Service System
- Selective Service Fast Facts
- Selective Service System Regional Offices
- Careers with the Selective Service System
Learn more about the Selective Service System on its DECA partnership page.
Follow John on Twitter @fistolera.