Emerging Leader Honor Award
If you know an outstanding DECA leader preparing to leave their legacy with their chapter after they graduate, consider recognizing them with the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award.
The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award provides recognition of students studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management for being an academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
To receive the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- Be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- Be a senior
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with a 4.0 being equal to an A)
- Complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- Participate in at least three of the areas listed under Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible and Experienced Leader
The steps are new and improved this year!
- Applications must be completed electronically at www.deca.org/events/honoraward.
- The online application will e-mail the chapter advisor with a summary of the application as well as signature lines for the student, parent, guidance counselor and principal.
- Get the appropriate signatures.
- Send the signed form with a $5.00 application fee to DECA Inc., 1908 Association Drive, Reston, VA, 20191, no later than January 31, 2014.
- Rosters do not need to be sent this year as membership will be verified through the online system.
Qualifying applicants will be recognized with an honor award certificate and have their name listed in the program for the International Career Development Conference (ICDC).