DECA Power Trip Featured the Best of Boston
After all the anticipation leading up to this incredible weekend, it’s hard to believe that the 2013 Ultimate DECA Power Trip in Boston, Mass., is officially over. There were so many highlights from this year’s trip, including witnessing the historic World Series parade for the Boston Red Sox, that mentioning everything that occurred would be impossible!
Instead, here are the top 10 highlights you should know about from this year’s #DECAPowerTrip:
- DECA members were treated to a courtside opening session at TD Garden Arena where they watched the Boston Celtics players warm up before the arena was open to the public.
- Members had an exclusive Q&A with the Celtics’ marketing executives and former player, Dana Barros, who shared their secrets for breaking into the sports marketing industry and why #GreenRunsDeep in Boston.
- The opening session also included a ticket to watch the Boston Celtics take on the Milwaukee Bucks as DECA members took over the arena! They also got to see the World Series Championship Trophy!
- Saturday was filled with informative college, career and association presentations to help DECA members make the most of their Power Trip experience.
- Johnny Earle, founder of Johnny Cupcakes, led a captivating session where he shared his journey from selling t-shirts out of his car to creating a worldwide brand.
- Members learned valuable secrets to perfecting their role-plays from North Atlantic Region Vice President, Jack Fenton.
- DECA challenged members to dress up in their most creative costumes for the DECA After Dark Costume Contest and the results were outstanding!
- Master hypnotist, Pete Mamos, wowed the stage as he took 16 members and advisors on a hysterical journey through their imaginations.
- Landon Clark from Blackman DECA (TN) was declared the Ultimate DECA Member and won an iPad Mini during the closing session.
- Speaker and chalk artist Bob Upgren took a simple black sheet and transformed it into a masterpiece that inspired the entire audience during his closing session performance.
The #DECAPowerTrip was the talk of the town on social media this weekend too. See what some DECA members had to say about their experience:
#DECAPowerTrip was an amazing experience
— DECA Ontario (@DECAOntario) November 4, 2013
Such an amazing experience in Boston! #DECAPowerTrip
— BBTony ⛵ (@TonyLaracuente) November 4, 2013
— Christie Luong (@I_Be_Asian) November 4, 2013
Thank you to everyone who made this year’s Ultimate DECA Power Trip so incredible, and we’re already looking forward to #DECAPowerTrip 2014! Mark Nov. 21-23, 2014, on your calendar, and we'll see you in Washington, D.C.
Follow Janelle on Twitter @jjscudderdeca.