DECA Emerging Leader Summit
Washington, D.C. was founded by brave leaders.
This is your year. This is the time to work harder, do better and be stronger. This is the time to erase your doubts and fears and go the distance. Accomplish your goals, set new ones, and conquer the impossible. Do it at the DECA Emerging Leader Summit.
You are not alone. You have chapters, an association, and an international organization waiting for you to make the first move. If you don’t, who will? Shake up the routine, change up the plans and wake up your advisors, officers and members. Last year’s plans are done; it’s time for new ones. Your membership goals, your communications plans, your advocacy strategies—change them all.
Don’t dream about being the best. MAKE IT COUNT and you will be the best.
Join us for the second annual DECA Emerging Leader Summit, July 22-24, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
The DECA Emerging Leader Summit is the event for DECA thought leaders:
- Association Officers
- Chapter Officers and Leaders
- Chapter, Association and National Officer Hopefuls
Designed to help achieve both personal betterment goals and chapter/association development plans, the program will include:
- Sessions led by your 2013-2014 National Officer Team
- Using social media to connect with DECA
- Strategies to engage chapters in DECA’s Chapter Campaigns
- Making your advocacy activities count
- Achieving your personal best as a leader
- Twilight sessions featuring specialized bonus topics
- Think and share presentations by associations in attendance
A special session on how to advocate for DECA will help prepare DECA members to effectively promote the value and importance of DECA to key decision makers. Participants are encouraged to schedule individual appointments on Capitol Hill before or after the conference.
- Build your network for the upcoming year by connecting with members and association officer teams from all across DECA’s membership.
- Learn what you can do to be an outstanding, productive DECA member this year.
- Embrace the synergy that creates when great DECA minds come together in a focused, creative environment.
- Imagine a content-rich, intense program that brings together DECA’s best.
You will be challenge to step up your prowess and demonstrate it in front of your fellow members.
You are DECA’s future. You won’t want to miss this epic summit.
The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Room rates are $169 per room per night plus applicable taxes (currently 10%). A complete registration packet will be available shortly after ICDC.
For more information, contact Christopher Young.