Attending DECA’s Summer Institutes
Did you know that almost 75 percent of new career and technical education teachers enter the classroom with little or no training on how to create lesson plans, accurately assess student learning or effectively manage their classroom?
DECA understands that well-prepared, confident teachers are the backbone of a solid learning environment. DECA’s Institutes for Educational Excellence help teachers and DECA advisors enter their classrooms ready to lead their students to success.
DECA’s Institutes for Educational Excellence provide exceptional professional development opportunities such as:
- Learning how to bring your teaching experience to the next level—making the classroom a more cutting-edge, effective, and engaging environment.
- Networking with education and industry leaders.
- Earning continuing education units (CEUs) for completing your chosen institute in entirety.
By sharpening your own knowledge and network, you will become a more valuable resource for your students.
Which Institute is Right for Me?
Each institute is specially designed for advisors and educators of specific experience levels, so the information is tailored to suit each attendee’s unique needs. Whether you’re a new DECA advisor, a DECA veteran, or an experienced teacher looking for fresh ideas, DECA has you covered.
Bring Your Classroom to Life with DECA: June 18–21, 2013, Charlotte, NC
This “crash course” in DECA advisory is designed for new High School Division DECA advisors with 0–3 years of experience. DECA staff and certified trainers will help advisors develop their DECA chapter into a thriving learning community.
- Learn best practices for integrating DECA into your classroom instruction.
- Discover how to use DECA’s Competitive Events Program to promote student achievement.
- Develop strategies for connecting your DECA chapter to businesses and the community.
Entrepreneurship Best Practices to Enhance Student Achievement: June 24–27, 2013, Miami, FL
Suited for both high school and collegiate educators of entrepreneurship, this institute will provide participants with strategies to enhance entrepreneurship instruction.
- Engage in active and experiential learning approaches with industry, community and education leaders.
- Learn best practices for making your entrepreneurship instruction relevant and engaging.
- Discover how to better prepare your students to recognize global trends and opportunities.
- Explore tech tools beyond social media that enhance entrepreneurship.
- Learn about DECA’s entrepreneurship activities, including competitive events and school-based enterprises, which can be used to complement classroom instruction.
Note, advising a DECA chapter is not a prerequisite for attending this institute.
How Do I Register?
To ensure that attendees receive the highest quality experience possible, space is limited in the institutes. Spaces will not last, so register now!
- Click here to secure your spot in the Bring Your Classroom to Life with DECA Institute.
- Click here to secure your spot in the Entrepreneurship Best Practices to Enhance Student Achievement Institute.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.