Pre-Order DECA’s 2013 Career Cluster Exams
Now is the time to pre-order DECA’s 2013 Career Cluster Exams—Chartered Association Edition. Free shipping is being offered on all orders placed by March 1, 2013.
What are the Career Cluster – Chartered Association Edition Exams?
These exams are the same ones members will take at their state and provincial conferences this spring. Build your students’ confidence and competency levels by using these exams as classroom practice tests!
Here are some ideas for how you can integrate these practice tests into your classroom instruction:
- Use a question a day as an opening “bell ringer” activity. Have your students write the question in a journal along with the correct answer. Have them explain, in their own words, why the answer is correct.
- Form teams and play a trivia game. Perform an internet search for “classroom review games” for lots of great ideas!
- Have each student create flash cards for 10 questions they find challenging. Use the cards to create a classroom set.
- Ask students to review the exams and identify key terms they do not understand. Ask students to research the terms and present their findings to the class.
- Have students take the exam. When scoring them, use the answer key to determine your students’ strengths and opportunities for further instruction.
Pre-order now and your order will ship on March 25, 2013 (immediately following the conclusion of the last chartered association conference).
Benefits to Pre-Ordering:
- Receive the exams in time to practice for DECA’s International Career Development Conference in Anaheim, California.
- Students can review the exam they just took at their chartered association conference and identify strengths and weaknesses by instructional area.
- Receive free shipping on all orders placed by March 1, 2013.
Each exam comes with 100 questions and answers. The answer key provides information as to why the one answer is correct AND why the other three answers are incorrect.
Exams are available in two formats – hard copy booklet or interactive CD-ROM (Windows formatted). Paper copies of the exam may be printed from the CD-ROM.
If you have questions, please contact DECA Images at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.860.5006 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM EST.
Here is a sample exam question from 2012:
What is the most appropriate closing to include in a response to a customer's e-mail inquiry for product information?
- The model 2CR is available in three colors—red, black, and white. Reply by e-mail with the color that you want.
- On behalf of LVN Industries, thank you for your order. Your confirmation number is 243597.
- We apologize for the inconvenience and will send a corrected invoice to you within 24 hours.
- Thank you for your interest in XWQ products. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Be sure to SHOP NOW to receive exams in time for ICDC 2013!