Recognize Outstanding Seniors with the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award
The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award provides recognition of students studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management for being an academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
To receive the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- be a senior
- have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with 4.0 being equal to an A)
- complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- participate in at least three of the areas listed under Community Oriented, Professionally Responsible and Experienced Leader
- Completed applications must be received by DECA Inc. no later than February 1, 2013.
- A copy of the official DECA roster must accompany the application to verify that the applicant is a DECA member at the DECA Inc. level.
- An application fee of $5.00 must accompany the application.
- An Honor Award certificate will be mailed directly to you with suggestions for appropriate presentation and recognition.
- Please send completed applications to:
DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award
1908 Association Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191-1594
Download the application.