2018 SBE Chapter Certification Guidelines Available Now
Looking for a way to connect your classroom instruction with business operations in your DECA School-based Enterprise (SBE)?
Enhance the learning experience for your SBE students and gain recognition by documenting the work your students already do on a daily basis!
The SBE Chapter Certification project provides an opportunity to focus learning on 10 key business operations standards such as financial analysis, promotion, selling, market planning, human resources management, and more.
To earn a chapter certification, SBE members create a written manual detailing how they operate their SBE based on those standards.
The project guidelines are updated each year, and the following are key points for 2018:
- The project deadline is January 12, 2018. The submission website will open to accept project submissions by December 1, 2017.
- The Re-certification project features three key business standards derived from the main certification project that rotate each year. For 2018, the featured standards are:
- Marketing Information Management
- Distribution/Channel Management
- Advisors must designate whether their SBE specializes in Food Operations or Retail Operations when submitting projects online. The 2018 project guidelines provide further descriptions on how to categorize your SBE.
Be sure to read the updated guidelines thoroughly before beginning work on the project. The project guidelines are available here:
Need help getting started? The DECA SBE Instructional Units are a great place to start. They will guide you through each of the 10 business standards covered in the certification project through interactive workbooks and PowerPoint presentations available at www.deca.org/sbe.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.