Get Ready for a #Limitless Year with the 2017-2018 DECA Guide
Get ready for a #Limitless year with the 2017-2018 DECA Guide.
The most-used DECA resource of the year, the DECA Guide provides an expansive listing of DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program, including the official guidelines for DECA’s Competitive Events Program, and the Shop DECA Catalog.
In the meantime, check out the new DECA Guide below:
As you use the DECA Guide, please note the following changes for the 2017-2018 school year:
DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program
- Chapter Campaigns: Global Entrepreneurship Week Campaign. The entrepreneurs should be success stories of local entrepreneurs, and although we’d like them to be DECA alumni, that is no longer a requirement. The goal with this change is to foster relationships with strong entrepreneurs in your community.
- DECA Challenges: The FIDM Challenge has a new topic this year, and the Stukent Social Media has been added.
DECA’s Competitive Events Program
- The previously scheduled new Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making and Entrepreneurship Individual Series events will be added. These events will use the entrepreneurship performance indicator list and new entrepreneurship exam. Sample resources are available here.
- Please review the evaluation forms for all written events. Evaluation forms for all competitive events with a written entry may have more points allocated toward the executive summary on the written evaluation. Evaluation forms for the presentation of Chapter Team Events and evaluation forms for Advertising Campaign, Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan and Sports and Entertainment Promotion Plan have been revised.
- The Start Up Business Plan can now be comprised of one to three members of the DECA chapter.
- For the 2017-2018 Virtual Business Challenge, teams have access to almost all the full simulation capabilities versus select simulation actions in previous years’ competitions. In addition, this year’s VBC will introduce shorter online qualifying rounds. Each VBC online qualifying round will be 11-days in length. The Virtual Business Challenge – Accounting has mini-challenges during each qualifying round. Click here for complete details.
- The Virtual Business Challenge – Fashion event will be added.
Keep the DECA Guide easily accessible throughout the year as a reference for all your DECA-related questions.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.