9 Tips for Effective and Appropriate Social Media
Let’s face it, there are very few people who do not have social media in today’s world.
From political leaders and business professionals, to superstar athletes and entertainment giants, almost everyone is working, sharing and engaging online.
Since more and more DECA members, chapters and advisors are utilizing social media these days, it’s important to make sure you’re using social media properly.
Here are some tips to build and maintain an effective and appropriate social media presence:
- Make sure you are posting during reasonable hours so your posts reach the most people.
- Abbreviations are ok, but make sure every word is spelled correctly.
- Make sure every image you post contains appropriate content that positively represents you.
- Be conscientious of what others tag you in and the things you choose to retweet or share.
- Always have an appropriate username and contact information associated with your accounts.
- Avoid any controversial or political topics on social media as social media is not an appropriate environment to get into arguments.
- Be mindful how often you post. It’s always a great idea to remove some of your old posts so your social media does not appear to be cluttered and represents the current you.
- Remember that everything you post is PERMANENT.
- Have fun! Social media is a great place to network, connect, and meet new people.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to post, tweet, snap and share with confidence!
Follow Mason on Twitter @decavpmasons.