Nominate an Amazing Senior for DECA’s Emerging Leader Honor Award
The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award is the perfect way to recognize your senior DECA members who have been epic in their participation in DECA!
The DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award provides recognition of members studying marketing, finance, hospitality and management, for being an academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leader through participation in DECA.
To receive the DECA Emerging Leader Honor Award a student must:
- Be a DECA member at the local, chartered association and DECA Inc. levels
- Be a senior
- Have an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.2 for the seven previous semesters (with 4.0 being equal to an A)
- Complete one course in one of the following areas: marketing, business management and administration, entrepreneurship, finance, hospitality and tourism
- Participate in at least three activities in each of the areas listed: community oriented, professionally responsible and experienced leader
It’s easy to apply!
- Complete the online application prior to January 30, 2017.
- The online application will e-mail the chapter advisor a summary of the application as well as signature lines for the student, parent, guidance counselor and principal.
- Get the appropriate signatures.
- The signed application form, along with payment, must be postmarked by January 30, 2017.
- Send the signed form with a $5.00 application fee to DECA Inc., 1908 Association Drive, Reston, VA, 20191.
Qualifying applicants will be recognized with an honor award certificate, which will be mailed to the chapter advisor, and have their name listed in the program for the International Career Development Conference (ICDC).
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.