ACTE Excellence in Action Award Deadline is December 14
Advance CTE’s annual Excellence in Action award applications are open!
As a reminder, this award recognizes exemplary local programs of study across the 16 Career Clusters. Selected programs of study will demonstrate excellence in the implementation of the Career Clusters, show a true progression from secondary to postsecondary education, provide meaningful work-based learning opportunities, and have a substantial and evidence-based impact on student achievement and success.
This award will showcase your program of study on a national platform at conferences, in the media, on our website and blog, and more.
In fact, all winners were highlighted in Education Week in May, a few of the 2016 award winners were highlighted in a recent op-ed in Real Clear Education, while a student from Upper Valley Career Center, a 2015 award recipient, was profiled in the New York Times.
Advance CTE provides winners with a press release and two-pager to circulate to their networks, resulting in a number of articles featuring winning programs.
Winners will also receive:
- A banner to hang in your school or institution
- A digital banner to use in email and print materials
- Travel and one hotel room for one night in Washington, DC for a representative to be recognized at an awards ceremony to be held May 2 – 4, 2017
- A national press release, which will be distributed to national media
- A winner-specific press release to distribute to your network
- A standalone two-pager
- Recognition on the Advance CTE website
- Many past winners have been featured in national conferences, on webinars and in the media
Applications are due December 14, 2016, so be sure to apply today!
Follow ACTE on Twitter @actecareertech.