Scholarships Available to Attend Jump$tart’s National Educator Conference
Do you teach personal finance? Do you want to participate in professional development to help you better teach personal finance concepts? Do you want your DECA members to perform well in DECA’s personal finance events?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you are encouraged to apply for one of the 20 scholarships offered by Experian to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference in Los Angeles, CA from November 8-10, 2014.
The scholarship application process is very simple (just send an e-mail!). The deadline to apply is September 25. Below are the details. Good luck!
Experian is pleased to offer 20 scholarships for PreK-12th grade classroom teachers to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference in Los Angeles, Calif., November 8-10, 2014.
The scholarship covers your registration fee of $425, which includes full participation in the conference, all conference meals and receptions, and two nights in a private room at the Omni Hotel at California Plaza. Visit Jump$tart’s website for more information about the conference and what you get with registration.
Please note that teachers (or their schools) are responsible for transportation, incidental, and optional costs.
How to Apply
- Send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Subject line: “Experian Scholarship Request”
- E-mail may not exceed 500 words total and may not contain attachments.
Include the following information:
- Teacher’s full name.
- Employer’s (school or school district) full name and address.
- A sentence stating that you (or your school or district) will be fully responsible for all transportation and incidental costs and will refund the scholarship if you fail to attend.
- A short description of the course, unit, activities, etc. in which you teach personal finance or your specific plan to introduce it.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Jump$tart will administer the requests on behalf of Experian.
Applicants must be:
- Full-time, licensed/certified, PreK-12 teachers, currently employed by a school or school district.
- First-time attendees of the Jump$tart National Educator Conference.
- Teaching personal finance (as a course or integrated into other subject matter) currently or must have a specific plan to introduce it.
Priority will be given to:
- Teachers from areas under-represented in conference registration as of October 3.
Apply right away! Deadline to apply is September 25. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to the criteria and priorities shown above.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Jump$tart and given instructions for registration.
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail no later than October 1.
- Thank you for understanding that Jump$tart will be unable to take phone calls, give status updates, or entertain requests for exceptions.