DECA’s Train the Trainer Certifies 22 Association Leaders
Twenty-two DECA association leaders successfully completed DECA’s annual Train the Trainer Certification Course that took place June 19-21, 2014, in Reston, Va.
DECA Inc.’s annual Train the Trainer Certification Course is an exciting opportunity for DECA Association leaders to gain the tools necessary to deliver new and insightful content to advisors within their respective association.
DECA Inc. would like to congratulate the 2014-2015 certified trainers:
- Ed Trang, Arizona DECA
- Danielle Tolentino Tuason, California DECA
- Lynore Levenhagen, Florida DECA
- Robert Hosier, Florida DECA
- Shannon Aaron, Georgia DECA
- Sharon Shahan, Georgia DECA
- Thomas Schwarz, Georgia DECA
- Dave Wait, Michigan DECA
- Jamie Riley, Michigan DECA
- Myra Bost, Michigan DECA
- Janet Butler, Nebraska DECA
- Nicole Coffey, Nebraska DECA
- Curtis Haley, Nevada DECA
- Deborah Cline, New Mexico DECA
- Richard Faulkner, New Mexico DECA
- Pamela O’Brien, North Carolina DECA
- Kevin Reisenauer, North Dakota DECA
- Ginger Hill, South Carolina DECA
- Sarah Williams, Tennessee DECA
- Ryan Witzig, Virginia DECA
- Holly Gregory, Wisconsin DECA
- Keegan O'Brien, Wisconsin DECA
The course was filled with a number of workshops delivering an array of new information, from learning how to engage every member within a chapter to discovering ways to promote entrepreneurship through idea generation activities, such as the DECA Idea Challenge.
Attendees also engaged in discussions on topics such as how to integrate DECA’s written competitive events in classroom instruction and tips on how to provide outreach experiences for DECA chapter members.
The 2014 Train the Trainer certification course proved to be a summer highlight for new and returning attendees alike. The group is well equipped to help local chapter advisors use DECA as a powerful experiential learning resource in the academic year ahead.
Please contact the nearest certified trainer in your association if you are interested in scheduling a training opportunity.
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.