Chicagoland Collegiate DECA Chapters Host First-ever Regional Competition
Rasmussen Chicagoland Collegiate DECA chapters teamed up with the University of Chicago to co-host Collegiate DECA’s very first joint regional competition and Rasmussen College’s first Collegiate DECA competition on Nov. 17. The event took place on Rasmussen’s Romeoville/Joliet Campus and was truly spectacular, with Collegiate DECA members from all three of Rasmussen’s Chicago area campuses (Mokena, Romeoville, and Aurora) competing. We also welcomed over 60 attendees from the University of Chicago and Valparaiso University.
All competitors were judged by business professionals throughout the community. Our judging panel included Chris Springer, director of the Mokena campus, Marta Leonida, academic dean of the Aurora campus, and Jyoti Rao, career services advisor at the Romeoville campus.
Jon Mladic emceed the opening ceremony, providing Collegiate DECA members with the motivation and inspiration necessary to kick off a successful competition. While numerous key Rasmussen leaders came together to support our Collegiate DECA members, Collegiate DECA advisors Norman Winn (Mokena) and Keitaro Matsuoka (Romeoville) were instrumental in preparing them for competition.
Collegiate DECA members could choose from among the following industry tracks for competition:
- Human Resource Management
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Finance and Banking
- Retail Management
- Professional Sales
From Rasmussen, congratulations to:
- Kevin McCarthy (Romeoville) for winning first place in Professional Sales
- Alpha Daley (Mokena) for placing second in Professional Sales
- Amanda Lang (Aurora) and Alicia Garcia (Romeoville) for placing second in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Sarah Melilli (Mokena) for placing third in Finance and Banking
Follow Rasmussen Collegiate DECA on Facebook.